- About us
- Visits / Events
- Media / Speeches
- Services for Australians
- About Australia
- Travelling to Australia
- Visas, Immigration and Citizenship
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Direct Aid Program
- Australia-Turkey Relationship
- Gallipoli / Anzac
- UN Security Council
- Defence Relations
- Australia-Azerbaijan Relationship
- Australia-Georgia Relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Welcome to the website of the Australian Embassy in Turkey
This site is designed to provide you with information about Australia and the services offered by the Embassy. Whether you are interested in doing business with or investing in Australia, going on holiday, studying or just learning more about our country, we hope you find this site of use.The travel advice for Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is updated regularly. Australians travelling or living in Turkey, Azerbaijan or Georgia are urged to register with the Embassy. This helps us to contact you in an emergency, provide travel advisory updates and details of elections. We have offices in Ankara, Istanbul and Canakkale.
Media Release - Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs: Australian humanitarian assistance for Gaza
Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17: Messages of Condolence
The Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet has provided a link to the Prime Minister's Website, where messages of condolence may be submitted.
- Applications for the Embassy’s Direct Aid Program (DAP) are now open. Priority will be given to projects which will have an enduring impact for priority target groups. In 2014, these priority groups are Syrian refugees, women and children. Project budgets should be between 20,000 – 40,000 AUD. Applications close on 30 September 2014. For more information or to apply visit:
- 22 August - Australian Ambassador James Larsen met with Mr Rifat Hisarciklioglu, President of TOBB (Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey) to discuss Mr Hisarciklioglu's recent visit to Australia as the Head of Turkey's B20 delegation.
- 19 August - Together with New Zealand Ambassador Jonathan Kurr, Ambassador Larsen pays a visit on Middle East Technical University’s Professor Huseyin Bagci to discuss political developments in Turkey and the region.
- 11 August - Ana Centilmen, First Secretary of the Australian Embassy meets with Mr Ahmet Faruk Unsal, Ankara Representative and Ms Nurcan Aktar, Program Coordinator of the Association of Human Rights and Solidarity for Oppressed People, Mazlum-Der, in Ankara for a briefing on the situation of Syrian women refugees in Turkey.
- TURKEY GIFTS 60 DOUBLE PASSES TO AUSTRALIANS FOR GALLIPOLI 2015
- Project 'Silent ANZAC' : A joint Turkish and Australian initiative
More than 99 years after she fell in battle in the First World War, a project to record, preserve and tell the story of the Australian submarine HMAS AE2, lying at the bottom of Turkey's Sea of Marmara, is underway.
Find out more here.
- Australia and the G20
Australia and Turkey are active members of the Group of Twenty (G20), the premier forum for international economic cooperation. The G20 works to strengthen the global economy, reforming international financial institutions and improving financial regulation. G20 Leaders, Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors, as well as other Ministers, meet regularly to address global economic and financial challenges.
Australia is the 2014 G20 Chair from 1 December 2013, when Turkey, as incoming 2015 G20 Chair, joined the G20 Troika. Until 1 December 2014 the G20 Troika includes 2013 G20 Chair Russia, Australia and Turkey. Australia will be working closely with Turkey in the G20 Troika throughout 2014 and 2015.
Find out more here.
13 June - The 25th Ankara International Film Festival was held between 5-15 June 2014. The festival hosted 'Young Australian Cinema' and screened Zoe Misplaced by Mekelle Mills, Quest for Versace by Abhishek Shukla and Tracks by John Curran. The Embassy was pleased to support Australian film directors Mr Abhishek Shukla and Ms Mekelle Mills's visit to Ankara. Embassy hosted a reception to mark this event.
- Turkish, Australian and New Zealand musicians mark 99th anniversary of Anzac Day
- Endeavour Awards Program is Open For Applications. Apply now for the 2015 round!
- Media Release by Senator the Hon. Michael Ronaldson, Australian Minister for Veterans' Affairs: Additional Gallipoli Centenary Service in 2015
- Government Priorities - Address by the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs and Australian Minister for Trade and Investment
- HE Mr James Larsen presents his Letter of Credence to President of Georgia, HE Mr Giorgi Margvelashvili, on 14 March 2014 in Tbilisi.
Ambassador James Larsen presented his credential to President of Georgia, HE Mr Giorgi Margvelashvili, on 14 March 2014, in Georgia's capital Tbilisi. Mr Larsen was accompanied by Australian Consul-General in Istanbul, Mr Lino Strangis. During the visit, Mr Larsen and Mr Strangis discussed trade and investment opportunities between Georgia and Australia with Georgian officials and business groups.
- HE Mr James Larsen pays a visit to Anitkabir
- HE Mr James Larsen, Australian Ambassador to Turkey presents his Letter of Credence to President Abdullah Gül
- The Australian Industry Group (AiG) and Turkey's Foreign Economic Relations Board (DEIK) signs a Memorandum of Understanding to establish a bilateral business council.
- The Australian Government is introducing online lodgement for Turkish nationals wishing to travel to Australia on visitor or business!
- Important Change - Charge for Visa Labels
- Universal Health Insurance for Australian Citizens holding Residence Permits in Turkey
- From 10 April Australians travelling to Turkey will no longer be able to receive a visa upon arrival at air and sea ports.
Follow our Ministers
- Prime Minister
- Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Australian Minister for Trade and Investment
- Other Ministers
Follow the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade